Thank you for raising your voice about the President's plan to help homeowners and urging others to do the same. In the past two weeks, we've received tens of thousands of responses from all over the country
We've published some of those stories on WhiteHouse.gov
"Three houses in my cul-de-sac were foreclosed recently. The owners tried to refinance so they had lower repayments but the banks wouldn't allow it, because of reasons mentioned in this presentation. With this policy in place, our neighbors would still be here and our community would be stronger for it."
"Listen, people like me aren't looking for a handout. I've got decent credit and if weren't for the value of my home being significantly less than I owe, I would refinance now. If I could refinance at the historically low rates, I could do two things 1) Pay off some other debt and 2) buy things I and my family need. I would hope from a policy level both of these benefits would resonate because reducing personal debt and spurring consumer spending are both very good for this or any other economy."
We're working to answer questions you still have
Last week we had the chance to talk with some of you on a conference call with Jim Parrott, Senior Advisor for Housing at the National Economic Council. He spoke with people around the country who responded to our call for feedback to answer their questions about the President's plan (including about eligibility for HARP, the Home Affordable Refinance Program).
Check out this video of some of his responses.
He also sat down with us to explain some the President's plan to help homeowners "on the clock," in sixty seconds or less. Watch the one minute video:
Take the next step
Have you already shared your story?
Share a photo of your home and what the President's plan would mean to you.
Know someone who would benefit from the President's plan? Ask them to share their story and share why they agree it's important to provide relief to homeowners at
WhiteHouse.gov/Why-Refi.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment concerning your issues of interest